The China Studies Review looks for contributors for its annual academic journal in print as well as its online CSR Blog. Below are respective guidelines for print and online submissions.
- The topic of the paper must be China-focused.
- Only works by SAIS students will be considered.
- Papers written in current and previous semesters at SAIS are eligible.
- Submissions between 2,000 and 8,000 words are preferred.
- Research papers, policy briefs, commentaries, etc. are welcome.
- “A” score papers written at SAIS will be given preferential consideration.
Submitting to CSR Volume 8:
- The submission process is CLOSED.
- SAIS DC Campus: January 30th, 2022 by 5PM EST.
- SAIS Europe and HNC: February 4th, 2022 by 5PM EST.
- Please send all submissions to email@example.com.
- Once an article is selected for CSR publication, it must be withdrawn from consideration by other academic journals.
- The subject of feature blog posts should be China-related. They can range from conventional academic topics to cultural and/or artistic topics.
- Only SAIS students’ and alumni’s works will be considered.
- Submissions between 1,000 to 2,000 words are preferred.
- Policy memos, op-eds, interviews, book & event reviews, etc. are welcome.
- The CSR online editorial staff is committed to assisting writers at any point in the publication process, whether it’s developing an idea into a full-fledged piece, or it’s revising a completed draft.
Submitting to the CSR Blog:
- Submissions are OPEN NOW!
- Deadline: Rolling
- Please send all ideas and works to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to featuring your work on the SAIS CSR print and online platform!