Of the China Studies Review
The China Studies Review has been published annually by SAIS China since 2015. Current issues can be found online at saiscsr.org. The China Studies Review is written and run by SAIS students. It publishes the best of SAIS student research on China, with a particular focus on China’s international presence. Volume 7 will be prepared during the 20-21 academic year, and published in spring 2021. The student Editor-in-Chief will recruit volunteer student editors, solicit material for publication, and oversee the editorial process from beginning to end.
Interested SAIS students with a background in China Studies, particularly those with editorial experience, are encouraged to apply. Candidates should have excellent writing skills, demonstrated success with long-term collaborative projects, and superior organizational abilities.
This paid part-time position ($15/hr) will involve up to 10-15 hours of work during the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters, with final publication of CSR Volume 7 by May 2021. If interested, please send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience to
SAIS China Director Madelyn Ross by October 1 at email@example.com.
The Editor-in-Chief is expected to perform the following duties during the academic year.
- Oversee CSR editorial process, outlining tasks and guidelines for student editors.
- Define editorial vision, thematic guidelines for issue.
- Revisions and copy-edits when refining print journal.
- Recruit student editorial team.
- Manage timelines for editorial review.
- Schedule editorial meetings to discuss CSR strategy.
- Oversee CSR social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Maintain CSR WordPress site for archival resources and online publishing—saiscsr.org